Wednesday, February 28

POST DELAY

No... I'm not suffering from writers block, but rather Ghiardia-butt. I think I've been working through a minor (major?) case of ghiardia this past week. It's left me feeling more than a bit drained - pun intended. I haven't been in much of a mood to get out and about, to say the least. And yet, here I am.

Because I love you.

February has been a good month. Matt and I have been getting along in a whole new way - he seems to have given up some of his old hang-ups and that's a good thing. Then the Peace Corps decided to relocate to Tanna another volunteer from my training group, a girl who was a close friend of both Matt and I. So how lucky is that? She'll be in Isangel hopefully providing some much needed organizational support to the Department of Agriculture. As with Matt she is close enough that we can all see each other several times each week. I consider myself pretty damn lucky to have not just one, but two good friends so close. I was expecting total isolation, and for most PCV's that's what they get.

The survey has been delayed over and over again waiting for this thing or that person or whatever. At first this was really irritating to me since I was feeling pressured to get it finished before the start of the coffee harvest in May. Now I've decided that it really shouldn't matter that much. This means the past couple weeks have been all about welcoming a few new volunteers to Tanna, settling back into my bungalow, and having stomach issues.

No comments: